Welcome to our Glamping page. Here you will find all you need to know about our new Glamping accommodation, but also how to book and pay for it!
Each GlamPod Lodge is suitable for up to 3 people, with a double and a single bed. There’s power, lighting and space for all your luggage, with a combination lock for security.
The view to the front is one of the best at Gwaenynog, looking towards the hills and mountains (see large pic above!). Tucked behind our stone barn, this area offers sheltered space for that escape, with a picnic table and umbrella for shelter. The toilets and showers are nearby, next to the Dutch Barn, and shared with the campsite.
We allow dogs in our GlamPods, although we think it is better to bring them only when there’s just 2 people, as there’s then more space. The single bunk can be used for storing your luggage – leaving enough room for a dog bed on the floor. There is no charge to bring a dog.
Glamping – all the fun of camping, without the hassle of putting up a tent! So, bring all your camping gear and just leave the tent at home. There’s also some kitchen facilities nearby, should you need it. The GlamPods are positioned for privacy, but with enough space to be enjoyed by campers who are part of a group occupying more than one pod, and there is plenty of safe space for children to play while the adults sit and relax.
Facilities on-site include:
- Toilets – with hand basins, plus x4 showers.
- Washing-up sink, large work/food prep surface, a kettle, a toaster, a fridge and a freezer, and even a washing machine – all located in the campsite washroom
- Two/three camping chairs per pod, with a picnic table and umbrella per pod
- Gas or charcoal BBQs and firepit per pod – just pay for the charcoal and the wood
- Our Dutch Barn is available to shelter in bad weather when the bar is open
Both of our camping pods are equipped with electricity, so you can enjoy all of your modern comforts without losing the great atmosphere of camping. You will need to bring everything you would for camping, including cooking and eating implements, but leave the tent at home!
To book your GlamPod, please choose your date on the calendar below, then follow the instructions. Once you’ve booked, we will send you a secure link to pay the deposit. A booking is confirmed by us, then a payment link is sent 5 days before arrival. There is a 2-night minimum booking requirement for both our Pods. The price per night is £80, or £85 with a child under 12, that includes bedding – but not towels.
- We stayed in one of the Pods at Gwaenynog during our groups Duke of Edinburgh Award training expedition. It was ideal for my wife and I as a safe and cosy place to have our 17 week old son away from the bustle of our 35 young participants! The pod is basic but very comfortable. The view is spectacular, and there’s a well positioned covered table between the pods to take it in. For those interested in admiring the night sky this place would be ideal. Toilet and shower facilities are shared with the campsite. They are extensive, offering clean toilets, showers and a kitchen area.
- We chose to stay at Gwaenynog over the bank holiday weekend in August because it had two pods together – we were so lucky as it was the hottest bank holiday weekend for years. We went with friends and as we were both able to have a pod it was great, the facilities were spotless and close by… Norman & Fiona had the bar open for one of the evenings – with other campers playing music – which was great fun. Would definitely recommend – remember to take all your cooking utensils, just like you would camping. We will return.